Friday, March 4, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Marble Painting


We've been on one heck of St. Patrick's Day binge! My last posts were a St. Patty's Day Sensory Bin and a St. Patty's Day Science Project, but now I need some little crafty something from my daughter to hang up for some green decorations for when the day finally is upon us. And here is what I settled on.

I have some leftover paper heart doilies from Valentine's Day that I had bought from the Dollar Store in February. I'm sure you could find some year round at a big craft store near the wedding or cake-baking area. Anyways, my idea is to take 3 hearts to make a clover and let my daughter finger paint them. Well...they are very deliate and tear easily, so I needed a way she couldn't get her little finger on the doilies. Enter, marble painting. I have always loved this idea on Pinterest, but have never put it into use. For our first try, it went fantastic.


It was the very first thing we did in the morning after breakfast (my little one wasn't even out of her pjs). Set up was a snap, literally only taking less than 3 minutes. I taped 3 doilies down on the bottom of a cake pan, speckled some green paint in there, and threw in 10 marbles.


Then I handed it to my daughter and showed her how the marbles moved when she shook it or tipped it. She did the rest.


Afterwards, I pulled up the doilies and set them to the side to dry. Once dry, I glued them down to a piece of paper and used a green popsicle stick as a stem. Now, I have an adorable marble-painted clover for my daughter's craft wall in the kitchen and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment